“A4AC” means ARTISTS 4 A CAUSE®.
“Youth Ambassadors” are the minor individuals accepting the role to become the youth public faces and represent the values and charitable causes offered for and on behalf of A4AC.
“Charity” means a charity registered with A4AC that may request a Youth Ambassador attendance or for which a Youth Ambassador has agreed to provide their presence, performance, interview or other role.
“We”, “our”and“us” mean ARTISTS 4 A CAUSE®., including its directors, officers, employees, contractors.
“You” and “your” mean a Youth Ambassador and/or their parent or guardian as relevant.
“Youth Ambassadors” are Ambassadors who are at least 12 but under 18 years of age.
- A person may commence and cease being a Youth Ambassador for any length of time.
- A4AC may appoint one or more Youth Ambassadors concurrently and for any length of time.
- A4AC may appoint Patrons, Adult Ambassadors and Youth Ambassadors concurrently at any time.
- A person may hold the position of Youth Ambassador and Patron simultaneously.
- A person may be reappointed to the position of Youth Ambassador at any time and for any number of times subject to the determination and sole discretion of A4AC. A4AC has no obligation to appoint any particular person to the position of Youth Ambassador.
- A4AC reserves the right not to appoint a Youth Ambassador at any given time and/or for any given period.
- Youth Ambassadors are appointed by invitation and at the sole discretion of A4AC.
- Youth Ambassadors, or their parent or guardian, may not appoint another person as their proxy or substitute at any time during their term.
- Youth Ambassadors must be at least 12 but under 18 years of age. A4AC reserves the right in its sole discretion to make exceptions to this requirement.
- No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of these Terms, and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind us in any respect whatsoever.
- ACCEPTANCE AND TERMINATION
- Youth Ambassadors may relinquish their position for any reason and at any time by giving at least 24 hours written notice to A4AC. Youth Ambassadors may provide reasons for the termination to A4AC to help it to improve its services but have no obligation to do so.
- A4AC may terminate a person from a Youth Ambassador position for any reason and at any time by giving at least 24 hours written notice to their parent or guardian. A4AC may provide reasons for the termination but has no obligation to do so.
- ROLE AND CONDUCT
- Youth Ambassadors will represent and further the causes of A4AC.
- Youth Ambassadors are required to attend at least two  charity events in 12 months that are facilitated by A4AC.
- Youth Ambassadors may perform roles as a Youth Ambassador of A4AC of any other kind, such as conducting an interview, but Youth Ambassadors are free to accept or decline any request of any other kind.
- Youth Ambassadors agree to act in good faith in the best interests of A4AC whenever they are representing or may be perceived to be representing A4AC as Youth Ambassador.
- Youth Ambassadors must not conduct themselves in a manner that:
- is likely to bring A4AC into disrepute
- is contrary to the values and ethos of A4AC
- is improper or unethical
- causes, comprises or involves intimidation or verbal abuse
- involves the misuse of their position to obtain a private benefit
- constitutes harassment or bullying behaviour or is unlawfully discriminatory
- is contrary to the law
- is contrary to any guidelines or code of conduct which A4AC may have
- is defamatory to the charity, charitable cause or against the ethos of the charity the Youth Ambassador may be supporting or asked to support.
- Youth Ambassadors must not do or agree to do any promotional or other work for or on behalf of A4AC without the prior approval of A4AC.
- There is no payment for the role of Youth Ambassador or for the carrying out of any of the functions or activities related to the role.
- Youth Ambassadors must not seek any monetary payment or financial benefit from any person or organisation in relation to their role as Youth Ambassador for A4AC.
- Youth Ambassadors may receive gifts and benefits, except monetary payments and financial benefits, from third parties in connection with the performance of their duties as Youth Ambassador including but not limited to:
- free or subsidised meals, beverages or refreshments
- gifts of ties, scarves, chocolates, flowers, tickets to social, cultural or sporting events, or the like, of a modest value
- accommodation and/or transportation.
- PARENT OR GUARDIAN CONSENT
As a Youth Ambassador is a minor and unable to contract of their own accord, a nominated parent or guardian is required to agree these terms and must accompany the Youth Ambassador to all events. They must also agree to ensure that they and the Youth Ambassador abide by these and any terms required by A4AC from time to time to ensure the charity status and ethos of the charitable causes represented are maintained.
- LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
- You agree and acknowledge that we are not liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental loss, damage or injury to person, reputation or property which may result from your activities as Youth Ambassador for A4AC.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, contractors, members, agents and licensees harmless from and against any and all claims, charges, actions, liabilities, investigations, demands and similar including but not limited to any costs, losses, damages whether direct, indirect, consequential or special.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- EXCLUSION OF UNENFORCEABLE TERMS
- In the event that any provision in these Terms is invalid, then that provision is severed from the Terms and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
- AMENDMENT OF TERMS
- The parties may amend these Terms at any time by written agreement of both parties.
- GOVERNING LAW
- These Terms are governed by the laws of Western Australia which are in force from time to time and both you and we agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Western Australia for determining any dispute concerning these Terms.